Helping People Get
To a Better Place

When Former Spouses And Partners Violate Court Orders

When your former spouse or the other parent of your child fails to adhere to a court order during or following a divorce, separation or a paternity action, how can you ensure your rights will be protected to the full extent of the law?

When you don’t receive the financial support you need from a child support or alimony order because the other party refuses to pay, how can you obtain these payments which are your right?

At the Peabody, Massachusetts, Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, we have assisted numerous clients in enforcing their rights when former spouses and others are in violation of court orders. Issues and challenges we frequently address include:

  • A former spouse’s failure to sell a home pursuant to a court order to do so, and/or to divide the proceeds of such a sale
  • A former spouse’s failure to refinance a home pursuant to a Court order to do so
  • A parent’s failure to regularly make child support payments or to maintain health or life insurance as ordered by the court
  • A former spouse’s failure to regularly make spousal support payments

We can institue the legal process needed to enforce your rights. After filing a complaint for contempt, we can:

  • Represent you at all hearings and advocate for your right to receive what the Court has already awarded to you.
  • Aggressively pursue attorneys’ fees. For contempts involving the nonpayment of child support, the law presumes that attorney and court fees will be included in your award and will be paid by the party violating the court order. We believe you shouldn’t have to pay for what the court has already said is yours.

Representing Those Unfairly Accused Of Being In Contempt

In addition to representing plaintiffs (those bringing the contempt action), we represent defendants unfairly accused of being in contempt. To learn more about the Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC and your contempt order rights, contact a Peabody contempt order attorney at our firm.

Contact Us

The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, is located conveniently off of Route 1 and highways 95, 128, 62 and 114. We accept all major credit cards, offer flexible appointments and can be contacted at 978-767-4701 or 866-483-6848.

Tell Us About Your Legal Issue