Is Mediation Right For You?
A lengthy, contentious courtroom battle is rarely in the best interests of people getting a divorce. Besides being costly, traditional courtroom litigation can be extremely stressful and emotional for everyone involved — including children.
Fortunately, there is a better way. Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution option that has worked for countless people in Massachusetts.
At The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, in Peabody, we offer mediation services to individuals facing:
- Child custody determinations
- Property division
Schedule a consultation today: Learn more about mediation by speaking to a certified mediator today. Simply complete our online contact form to get started.
What Are The Benefits Of Mediation?
Mediation is a desirable dispute resolution option for many reasons. In general:
- Mediation is less costly than litigation
- Mediation takes less time than other dispute resolution options such as litigation
- Mediation is less adversarial and conflictive than traditional courtroom litigation
- Mediation encourages cooperation and working together to solve a legal matter
- Mediation encourages parties to come up with a mutually beneficial resolution
If you have concerns about your upcoming divorce — if you are worried about getting through the child custody process — you should consider mediation. It has helped thousands of people avoid contentious legal battles, and it can work for you too.