Helping People Get
To a Better Place

Assisting Clients As Their Legal Needs Change Over Time

Like so many areas in life, family law goals can change. Sometimes this happens almost as soon as they’re attained, or several years thereafter. Individuals lose jobs, get new jobs and relocate. Children get older and their needs change.

At the Peabody, Massachusetts, Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, we have handled family law modifications. Do you need assistance modifying a court decree regarding:

We have handled the modification of divorce and paternity judgments/decrees for thousands of clients facing changing circumstances, such as:

  • The need to pay college tuition
  • Changes in employment or income
  • Relocation
  • Parental incarceration or substance abuse
  • Child abuse
  • Changes in health care coverage
  • Remarriage/cohabitation

To contact a Peabody divorce modification attorney, call The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, at 978-767-4701 or 866-483-6848.

Massachusetts Change of Custody Lawyers and Divorce Modification Attorneys

As you consider whether to modify an existing order, it is helpful to understand some of the conditions required.

To modify an existing judgment, you need to show that a material change in circumstances has occurred since the original order was entered. A material change can involve numerous factors, including income, the needs of a child and the new circumstances of a parent (i.e. their remarriage, their residence and their job responsibilities.)

Some issues in family law judgments are modifiable and some are not. This is often governed by the parties’ divorce agreement. However, issues relating to children, such as child custody, parenting plans, child support, life insurance and health insurance are always modifiable.

Modifications can bring about both opportunity and risk. For more information on how to protect your rights following a divorce or upon modifying a paternity judgment, contact our office.

Contact Us

The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, LLC, is located conveniently off of Route 1 and highways 95, 128, 62 and 114. We accept all major credit cards and offer flexible appointments. Call us at 978-767-4701 or 866-483-6848.

Tell Us About Your Legal Issue